Friday Favorites: Inner Tomboy Coming Out

Friday, February 5, 2016

First Friday (fri-yah) of February!



This week hasn't been as exciting as last week, as this week was a tad bit more stressful.
Learning a new job (remotely) can be difficult on top of a toddler who doesn't sleep through the night and feeling disorganized can put a real damper on things.

But that is all a work-in-progress! I've got some techniques and tricks I'm putting together to try and see how that helps me.

Since today is Friday Favorites, I thought I'd share a few things that put a smile on my face this last week.

**Warning: My inner tomboy is about to come out**

Last Thursday evening, I was lucky enough to get employee passes to the premier night of the Portland Auto Show [yes, I love cars...especially the  new ones with all the cool new gadgets].


I decided to share a few of my favorites from the night.

First off, I love, love, LOVE Acura.  Probably my number one favorite affordable luxury vehicle.  I've owned a few and my heart still skips a beat.

Welcome to the Land of Acura [#swoooon]




The redesign of the new MDX.


The interior of the MDX. I'm a huge fan of the white with black interior - so classy and sharp!  I only get black interior in my cars....hides dirt really well from kids and pets....which means, less cleaning for me! Yah!


I decided to take the little one with me.  Needless to say, it was fun to let her walk around with us and to sit in the car like a "big" girl.


The new design of the TLX #sharp #onpoint



And BMW? Who wouldn't like this little racy M3 coupe?  #HotLittleNumber


Apparently my child couldn't keep her eyes off it. She wanted to touch it soo badly. #NotAChanceChild




The Kia K 900.  Not bad - well played Kia! I do like the cream/black color interior.


Ah, yes, the Civic! One of the best economical vehicles made.  I've personally owned a few of these (own one now in fact) and have had great luck with them - low maintenance, great gas mileage, and totally affordable!  However, when I saw the new re-design of the 2016...I wasn't exactly "excited".  I like it...it's just not my favorite in all honesty. The new interior re-design, I like better than mine currently...but I'm not too sure I'm totally in love with it all around.

I just had to take a picture of this wrapped vehicle!  If anyone knows the Portland Airport, you know our carpet was extremely famous...who knew?  One hot print around the Portland area!  



A Scion TC is the best choice to wrap in this print! Total hipster. That's Portland for you.


Next we ventured to Mercedes land - holy cow!  I was in heaven! I just love the feeling and drive of Mercedes.  This CLS400 was simply gorgeous and very spacious...but I don't particularly like the price tag #OneDay





What does this remind you of? The car on Dumb and Dumber? 





And of course, my evening wouldn't have been complete without the sighting of the Bentley's and Rolls Royce's. 

And our night wouldn't have been complete without a toddler meltdown from the little one.  I guess she had a little too much excitement. Or maybe because I wouldn't let her play on my phone. 


There you have it.  
How I spent my Thursday evening. 
What can I say...I like cars.

This weekend is the "official" birthday weekend. I'm super excited to see what this weekend entails.  Details to come!

I'm linking up with Momfessionals for Friday Favorites.



What are some of your plans this weekend?!

1 comment:

  1. I'm a total girl in this dept... I'm like "its a car.." :-) I can't tell one from the other usually!!! That PDX carpet car is awesome though, just for the novelty of it!

    ReplyDelete

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)