Old Friends Make For A Great Evening Out

Saturday, January 2, 2016

First 'Momma's Night Out' for 2016 happened tonight.  Two words: much needed!

One of my 2016 goals (or...resolutions as most say) is to make time each month for "girl time" with friends.  Over the last few years, I've slowly let that part of my life slide under the wayside...in a negative way, and I'm ready to change that.

I have a group of some of the most wonderful friends a girl could ever ask for! Some from way back in the elementary school days, a few from middle school, a handful from the high schools I attended and many from my "adult life".


Tonight, I spent time with 2 girls I met back in elementary school...yes, elementary school. We're all mom's these days, and we decided it was a much needed to spend some time away from the kids (as much as we love our kids, it's necessary we do some adulting). We've kept in contact over the last 20-some years through our various moves, college experiences, marriages, break ups, children and in my case, divorce.  It's safe to say, we'll probably be friends for life.

Any who, we decided to have our girls night at a local Mexican restaurant...because, let's face it, who doesn't like a good margarita once in awhile with good friends and laughter?!  And that's just what we did - 3 hours of non-stop laughter, story-telling of our kids, and updates on our lives.  That's how I spent my evening out.

(The margarita sampler - 4 different flavors?! Yes please! Prickly pear, dark cherry, raspberry and triple berry where my choice for the evening.  A good way to sample different flavors at 8 oz each)

Family is great, but friends add a special kind of spice to life! One thing I plan on doing this year is spending more time with friends. Even if that means, I need to be pulled out of the house in my yogas and sweatshirt. Life is too short to be boring and lead a dull life.

1 comment:

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)