What's In My Handbag?

Thursday, January 7, 2016


Myself, like many other mom's out there with toddlers, I sure have an interesting group of items stashed in your handbags.  I'm not talking the diaper bag you carry along with your handbag, but just your handbag.  I don't know about yours but my bag is full of...well, random stuff.


Here's a peek into my bag currently:



This, would be the "clean" version. I had to throw away a lot of receipt papers, gum wrappers, crushed up goldfish crackers. But nonetheless, this is what my bag looks like a most of the time.  I am constantly taking things out and putting things in, but these are my staple items.  Also, to make things a little more OCD, I keep my lip glosses, chapstick, hand sanitizers and pens in plastic ziplock baggies.  Yes, thats right, I said it.  Call me weird, but I'm afraid something will spill or leak and cause a mess or stain. (I started this when I first bought my Chanel handbag 8 years ago and wanted to keep the interior like new).

My current bag is from my sister's boutique she works at for Christmas. Might I say, this bag is ginormous! Perfect for my everyday outings.



  • Black leather with gold zip around wallet (Target - $14.99)
  • Small baggie of cinnamon Teddy Grahams for my little when we are on the go
  • 2015-2016 day planner. I try very hard to use this as I find writing down my agenda helps me. I can see I will be using this more as I figure out this new job of mine. (Fred Meyer/Kroger)
  • Bath & Body Works Sweet Tangerine hand sanitizer (Bath & Body Works - $1.49)
  • Lipgloss!  Who doesn't carry this stuff around?! I usually have my chapstick in conjunction with these little pretties, but it's been so cold and dry lately, I've kept my chapstick in my coat pocket so it's on me at all times. (Right: e.l.f. Super Glossy Lip Shine in Strawberry @ Target -gift; Left: Bare Escentuals Buxom Big & Healthy Lip Polish in Dolly @ Sephora - $20.00)
  • Blue pen.  I always have at least 1 pen on me...you never know when you'll need it.
  • Tom Ford 'Irina' sunglasses  (Tom Ford - gift)
  • My littles pair of Carters sunglasses (Target - gift)
  • Pink Avent Soothie pacifier.  We've gone through so many of these little things, I collect them in my bag, my coat pocket, the car....



  • Oregon Lottery at it's finest! Winning tickets I've yet to turn in. On the list of things to do in the next few weeks.
  • Checkbook.  Yes, I am one of those very few people who still carry around and physically write checks at my age.
  • EmergenC - tangerine flavor. I carry these around as you never know when you'll need a 'boost' of vitamin C since I am horrible at taking my daily vitamins.
  • Dark pink Conair compact mirror. Who doesn't like to sneak a peek at their afternoon makeup or to see if there's any left over lunch left in-between your teeth?
  • Nature Valley Protein Peanut Butter bar.  I like to have a grab-n-go snack in my bag for when I feel like I need a snack.  I prefer the peanuts and dark chocolate kind.
  • Orbitz gum. One of my favorite kinds to have stashed in the bag for after coffee breath.
  • Altos Smalls. (because I can't handle the full size ones) When I don't feel like gum, but need a pick-me-up for my breath after coffee.
  • Pre-loaded Starbucks coffee card. When coffee is needed, there's a Starbucks on almost every street corner here in the NW.  Duh, this is where the coffee hipster culture was created!




  • Diapers. Always have a few in my bag since I don't always carry the diaper bag with me.
  • Travel sized wipes. Because accidents happen, hands need to be wiped, and milk gets spilled.  Need I say more?
  • Boogie Wipes!  Love these things! When my little has a stuffy/runny nose, these are so gentle on her baby skin.  I prefer the purple kind as they smell like grapes, but hey, I'll take what I can get in times of need.
There you have it. A look into my bag currently.  My phone and car keys usually live inside my coat pocket since that is easy access to grab those and I don't have to spend time digging around.

Oh, the bag?  It's a Street Level Reversible Tote.  There are many different kind of colors.  My sister knows me all too well and knows that I'm a very monotone color person.  Plus, gray goes well with everything. It's like the sister color of black and white, right?!

What are some 'must-have' things you carry in your bag on the daily?



2 comments:

  1. You are so much more prepared to have little kids with you than I am! I NEVER have diapers or wipes with me.. I don't know why... and I always need them and never put them in my purse. I am terribly unprepared to have kids with me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been caught one too many times without diapers/wipes while out and about.

    ReplyDelete

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)